A reader asks,
When extreme fatigue hits, what are the first things we can do that will improve the situation the quickest?
Isn’t this a great question?
Here are seven things you can do TODAY, when you’re just absolutely exhausted:
- Take enzymes with every meal. Your body requires an excessive amount of energy just to digest your food. When you’re tired, you won’t digest your food well, which then means you’re not nourishing your body very well, which then makes you more tired, which starts a vicious cycle. In an ideal world, all our food would be highly nourishing and full of enzymes. However, if you need help quickly, take 1-2 enzyme capsules every time you eat any food. My favorites are Source Naturals or Nature’s Sunshine. (Note: It also helps to chew your food very well.)
- Add Celtic sea salt, coconut oil, cod liver oil, and licorice to your diet. The Celtic sea salt will help restore your electrolyte balance. Eat plenty of salt, as much as you’re craving it. (No cravings? Skip the salt.) The coconut oil contains special fatty acids that will give you energy and prevent low blood sugar. The cod liver oil will help your body produce the hormones it needs and absorb the nutrients in your food. Licorice is a time-honored treatment for chronic fatigue, but be sure to read extensively to get the most benefit.
- Get ample rest. This means that you need to be in bed, in a pitch-black room, by 10 pm, and completely resting (no work) one full day each week.
- Eliminate sugar, corn syrup, and fruit juice from your diet. Yes, completely! Yes, I’m talking to you! <wink> These are very hard on your adrenal glands.
- Spend time daily in Bible reading and prayer. If you don’t know where to start, try these books.
- While you’re having symptoms, record everything. (Learn how here.) While you’re at it, order some labwork.
- Laugh with your loved ones. No money required! However, this can be hard to do. Make it a priority.
There are many more steps you could take, but this is where I would start. When you’re feeling a little better, come back and read more articles.
Are you struggling with fatigue? I invite you to download our free audio, “Can Fatigue Be Fixed?”, or check out our e-course, “Too Tired: A Woman’s Practical Guide”. Thanks for visiting!