When you’re tired, your body will struggle to digest your food properly. That’s because your body must manufacture enzymes to break down your food into pieces it can recognize and use. The more tired you are, the fewer enzymes you can make.
However, God graciously provided enzymes in our food, so even tired women can help their bodies rest, simply by eating food in the form God made it.
Here are 5 eating habits that can help tired women rest:
- Chew food to a juice-like consistency, so that fewer enzymes are needed to break it down. In other words, let your teeth do the work. Slow down when you eat. Ahhh…
- Have some lacto-fermented food with each meal, since it contains a lot more enzymes. All the other food you eat will be digested easier.
- High-fiber foods should be slowly cooked before eating them. The fibers will be broken down, making them easier for you to digest. (Think soup and oven-roasted veggies…)
- Properly prepare all seeds, nuts, and grains before eating them. This will deactivate the enzyme inhibitors that are naturally present in all seeds. (This makes for delicious breads… yum…)
- Consume enzymes as a dietary supplement with each meal, but most especially when your meal contains a lot of cooked foods in which naturally-present enzymes were destroyed by heat.
So that’s it! Nice and easy. Slow cooking, with lovingly prepared foods made in your own kitchen. Now you can rest…
>> Learn more in Anne’s new book, What to Eat to Beat Fatigue. “I liked having the action guides. It definitely helps having those steps to provide some motivation and steps broken down into manageable portions. This is helpful for someone exhausted and already feeling overwhelmed with life!”